NOAA Regional Drought Overview:
- The US Drought Monitor (USDM) measures broad drought condition intensity.
- The Palmer Z Index depicts moisture conditions for the period.
- The Palmer Drought Severity Index (PDSI) depicts the current month's cumulative moisture conditions integrated over the last several months.
- Total Precipitation (Inches 1M).
- Total Precipitation (Inches 3M).
NOAA Temperature Overview:
- CONUS Average Mean Temperature 1M.
- CONUS Average Mean Temperature 3M.
- CONUS Mean Temperature Departure from Avg 1M.
- CONUS Mean Temperature Departure from Avg 3M.
2018 Average Agriculture Land Values (dollars/acre)
Cropland YoY Percent Change (2017-2018)
Pasture YoY Percent Change (2017-2018)
Source: USDA, National Agricultural Statistics Service
Annual Data as of: August 2017
Excludes AK, CT, , HI, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT, and American Indian Reservation Land.
Agricultural Products White Papers
Risk Management:Managing Price Risk with Grain and Oilseed Futures and Options CME Group (4 pages): Link
Self Study Guide to Hedging with Livestock Futures and Options 2017 CME Group (58 pages): Link
Self Study Guide to Hedging with Grain and Oilseed Futures and Options 2015 CME Group (76 pages): Link
Standard Units & Conversion Measures (USDA)Soybeans: Cents/bushel * k tons/year * 36.7430923 bushels/tons * 1/100 = $/year. 1 soybean bushel = 27.21554 kg (60 pounds) = 0.027216 tons.
Soybean meal: 1MT/year * (1/0.90718474) short ton/MT * $ / short ton = $/year
Wheat: Cents/bushel * KMT/year * 36.68244012 bushels/tons * 1/100 = $/year. 1 wheat bushel = 27.21554 kg (60 pounds) = 0.027216 tons.
Corn: Cents/bushel * KMT/year * 39.3675989 bushels/tons * 1/100 = $/year. 1 corn bushel = 25.401 kg (56 pounds) = 0.02540 tons.
Coffee: Cents/pound * 60 kg/year * 2.20462 pounds/kg * 1/100 = $/year.
Sugar: Cents/pound * 2204.62 pounds/MT * 1/100 = $/MT.
Cotton: Cents/pound * 480k lb/year * 1/100 = $/MT
Live Cattle: Cents/pound * 1222 pounds/head * 1/100 = $/head.
Lean Hogs: Cents/pound * 262 pounds/head * 1/100 = $/head.
Links to Calculators:USDA Season-Average Price Forecasts: Price Loss Coverage (PLC) for Corn, Soybeans, Wheat Description: This data product provides three Excel spreadsheet models that use futures prices to forecast the U.S. season-average price received by farmers for corn, soybeans, and wheat. The models also compute the PLC payment rates for marketing years 2014/15 and beyond.
Farm Credit Services of America Loan Payment Calculator & Amortization Description: This is an estimate of loan payments. The actual payment amounts may vary depending on the interest rate, closing date, and other factors.
Pioneer Planting Rate Estimator Description: DuPont Pioneer field tests hybrid response to plant population at dozens of locations across North America each year. This extensive testing allows us to sample a wide array of environments at many yield levels. The wide-ranging data set obtained powers this Planting Rate Estimator.
ABSR Grain Marketing:
- Sell levels published in advance of the next trading day.
- Execution percentage levels.
- Multi signal generation models for both optimal marketing and market protection.
- Discretionary yield enhancement strategies.
Learn more here